At your initial appointment, Dr. Cunningham and her team will gather information that will help build a foundation for your continued dental care. During this first comprehensive exam, we will:
- Discuss your overall dental health goals.
- Discuss any concerns you may have about your teeth or gum health.
- Perform a thorough examination of teeth and gums.
- Check for signs of oral cancer, periodontal disease, and cavities.
- Take digital x-rays and photos for our records.
Your first exam will take a little over an hour. Our friendly team will help you feel at ease during your appointment, and you will have the undivided attention of Dr. Cunningham and her staff. You will be able to ask questions, review your digital x-rays and photos with Dr. Cunningham, and learn about the health of your teeth and gums. We will then be ready to schedule you for your dental cleanings and any treatment needs you may have.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Any x-rays and records from your previous dentist.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to dental treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial joints, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, bisphosphonate therapy, etc.).