Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) is a safe and effective sedative agent that may help you relax during dental treatment.
Nitrous oxide is mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a small mask that fits over your nose. You are able to breathe on your own and remain in control of all bodily functions while feeling calm and comfortable.
There are no lingering effects, and the nitrous oxide wears off instantly after the mask is removed.
advantages to using Nitrous Oxide
- Treatment is completed while you are in a more relaxed state.
- You will have less difficulty sitting through a lengthy procedure.
- Onset is rapid, and the depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover.”
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.